Membership in the Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team is very rewarding. We welcome all riders who are interested in competitive cycling and racing regardless of experience level. Membership provides you the opportunity to ride, train and race with other riders who share the same commitment to excel in a local organization and in regional cycling events. In addition to camaraderie of the team atmosphere, membership with the team provides access to a wide variety of sponsor discounts and other benefits.
Please consider that ABRT is a racing team and not a social bicycle club. While not all of our members race or are required to race, and we do ride together in non-racing situations and have social events, we are focused on performance cycling, training and racing so the rides are competitive. We endeavor to have A (20+ mph) and B (17-20 mph) groups on most rides but rides are typically faster than recreational groups. If you are looking for a more recreational experience, there are other cycling clubs in the area that may be more appropriate such as Potomac Pedalers and the Annapolis Bicycle Club.
2019 Membership Information
Registration is now open on Bike Reg: https://www.bikereg.com/annapolis-bicycle-racing-team-membership
- The membership fee is $50 for adult members.
- The membership fee is $25 for Junior (18 and under) members.
- Team clothing will be offered through Pactimo Team Stores which will be opened periodically throughout the year.
- Each member is obligated to work at the Cyclocross Race in October, either course preparation days or on race day. In the event that is not possible, volunteering at one of the time trials in Cambridge is an option.
- Members are eligible for race fee reimbursements after completing a 5 race minimum. Reimbursements will be made at the end of the season.
- Junior members: ABRT will reimburse you at $10 a race, with a maximum of $100 total for the year.
- Senior members: ABRT will reimburse you $20/race, with a maximum of $200 total for the year.
- ABRT will reimburse MABRA Road Cup Championship winners for the championship jersey/skinsuit or if feasible, purchase ABRT/MABRA Road Cup Championship jerseys.
Terms of Membership and Code of Conduct
In consideration for membership and being permitted to participate in any activities of the Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team (ABRT), you need to review and agree to the following:
- I acknowledge that as a member of the Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team, I will race exclusively for ABRT and that I must race in a current year ABRT team kit at all USAC and team events.
- I will represent the club and our sponsors in a responsible, law-abiding, respectful manner during training, racing and any other team-related activities and I must maintain a presentable appearance, operate a mechanically safe bicycle and wear a helmet at all times.
Failure to comply with the above will result in: 1) A warning for first offense, 2) $100 fine for second offense, 3) Expulsion/suspension from the Team.
- I acknowledge that the Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team supports a “drug free” policy. Use of illegal performance enhancing (WADA, USAC lists) and controlled recreational substances are forbidden and will result in immediate dismissal, forfeit of reimbursements and return of any Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team sponsorship products.
- I acknowledge, agree and represent that I understand the nature of bicycling activities/ training rides/races and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such activities. I further acknowledge that certain activities will be conducted over roadways and facilities open to the public during the activities, upon which the hazards of traveling are to be expected.
- I fully understand that (a) bicycling activities/rides/races involve risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis and death (“RISKS”); (b) these risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the activity, the condition in which the activity takes place, or the negligence of the (“RELEASES”) named below; (c) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for losses, costs and damages I incur as a result on my participation in the activities of the Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team.
- I hereby release, discharge and covenant not to sue the Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team, their administrators, directors, agents, officers, volunteers, and employees, other participants, and sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which activities/rides/races take place, (each considered one of the RELEASES herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses, or damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the RELEASES or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations; and I/we further agree that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I/we, or anyone on my/our behalf, makes a claim against any of the RELEASES, I/we will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the RELEASES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
- I/we have read this agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I/we have given up substantial rights by signing it and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law and agree that if any portion of this agreement is held to be invalid the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.