There are some new surprises for the course, the weather is looking great and you can preride the course after 4pm on Friday. Register NOW!
The weather is looking much cooler for the Church Creek Time Trial #1 on Saturday. The start times are here: 2017 Church Creek 1 Startlist
Be sure to note your start time and keep in mind the Approximate Transfer Times. Please allow ample time to ride from the middle school to the start line. The following table should help you determine the minimum amount of time your transfer will take. Do not overestimate your average speed during your transfer as traffic and wind conditions may adversely affect your transfer time. Obey all traffic laws while riding to the start line. The event staff will supply a synchronized clock at the exit of the middle school parking lot to assist riders.
Parking: Parking will be provided at the Mace’s Lane Middle School, 1101 Mace’s Lane, Cambridge, MD 21613. No participant parking will be allowed at the Start / Finish Areas. Parking along either Route 355 / Route 16 may result in receiving a parking citation from the Dorchester County Sheriff’s Department. The Park & Ride area will be reserved for Event Staff, Emergency Personnel, and USAC Officials ONLY. Time trial participants who park in the Park & Ride will be disqualified and will forfeit all awards and prizes. Parking will not be allowed in the Church Creek volunteer Fire Department parking area.
Registration is open on BikeReg: https://www.bikereg.com/aacxsportif-cross-cup-series. Online registration closes on Wednesday, October 12th at 11:45pm. Same Day Late Registration is available, there is an additional $10 same day registration fee. Head over to the registration page for all the event notes!!
Thanks to all who braved the weather today to make it out to the Time Trial. True to the spring we have been having, the rain began in ernest at about race time and came down hard for the next 3 hours. But the officials did a great job of getting everyone off on time and reports were that riders warmed up a lot once underway.
Results are available at USA Cycling
Great pictures by Robert Taylor from OVC:
You can really hear how hard it was raining in this video!
The registration at USA Cycling is now open. Read more: http://www.abrtcycling.com/events/church-creek-time-trial-1/
Thanks to all that came out to AACX on Saturday. Results are posted at USA Cycling:
Please enjoy some aerial footage during the event!
AACX is Race 3 in the Sportif Cross Cup Series and is held at Selby-on-the-Bay, MD an Anne Arundel County park on the beautiful South River. The race is presented by Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team, Parvilla Cycles & Anne Arundel County Parks & Recreation and will be held on Sat Oct 17, 2015.
Online Registration is open until Wednesday, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:45 PM ET, but day of registrations will be accepted with a $10 late fee: https://www.bikereg.com/aacxsportif-cross-cup-series
FIRST TIME RACING CYCLOCROSS??? DONT KNOW WHAT RACE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ENTER?? LOOK NO FURTHER!
- Adult Men (19yrs and older) – Register for “Mens Cat 5” and you will need a one day license
- Adult Women (19 yrs and older) – Register for “Womens Cat 4” and you will need a one day license
- Teens/Juniors – Register for your determined age group based on your age as of December 31, 2016 (not 2015) and you will need a one day license. These fields are sponsored by Bicycle Advocates for Annapolis & Anne Arundel County to keep the cost down to $10!
- Lil’ Belgium’s – 9 years old and down and are free and licenses are not required.
- The $10 day-of-registration fee will NOT be collected if you bring a junior rider for race day entry (applies to registrants only).
- USAC license required (one-day licenses will be available to purchase on the day of the event at the registration table).
- Mountain bikes will be allowed WITHOUT bar ends.
- There will be 1 double pit on the course.
- Event will beheld rain or shine.
Like us on Facebook at: AACX Cyclocross, for photos of the course, sponsor updates & race news
The Annapolis Bay Country Century offers a fully sagged tour of the Chesapeake Bay’s western shore. There are rest-stops to enjoy the scenery and to refuel, clearly marked routes with easy to read cue sheets and bike mechanics to assist you. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and the St. Leonard Fire Department.
The start times for all fields are now available. Download the PDF with all start times.