The Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team (ABRT) is one of the top-ranked amateur cycling teams in the United States. Over the years, ABRT has been active in promoting bicycle safety and is corporate sponsor of Bicycle Advocates for Annapolis and Anne Arundel County. We also hold some of the best racing events in the district, including the Church Creek Time Trials, the AACX Cyclocross Race and the popular Bay Country Century. We welcome new members and sponsors who share our commitment to our mission statement: to promote the sport of cycling, and the visibility of our sponsors, through excellence in competition, athlete development, and event promotion.
A shameless plug for our sponsor Parvilla Cycle & Multisport, but it’s all true. The Baltimore Sun has a nice writeup about the store and the unique fitting services that Stu Waring offers that set the store apart:
It’s Waring and this back area [fitting studio] that has made Parvilla Cycle & Multisport a premier bike shop on the East Coast. After just four years in operation, the Edgewater store has been ranked one of the top 50 bike shops in the country by Active Times and was one of six nominated for best pro road shop in the nation by Interbike Awards.
Read the whole article at the Baltimore Sun.
AACX is Race 3 in the Sportif Cross Cup Series and is held at Selby-on-the-Bay, MD an Anne Arundel County park on the beautiful South River. The race is presented by Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team, Parvilla Cycles & Anne Arundel County Parks & Recreation and will be held on Sat Oct 17, 2015.
Online Registration is open until Wednesday, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:45 PM ET, but day of registrations will be accepted with a $10 late fee: https://www.bikereg.com/aacxsportif-cross-cup-series
FIRST TIME RACING CYCLOCROSS??? DONT KNOW WHAT RACE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ENTER?? LOOK NO FURTHER!
- Adult Men (19yrs and older) – Register for “Mens Cat 5” and you will need a one day license
- Adult Women (19 yrs and older) – Register for “Womens Cat 4” and you will need a one day license
- Teens/Juniors – Register for your determined age group based on your age as of December 31, 2016 (not 2015) and you will need a one day license. These fields are sponsored by Bicycle Advocates for Annapolis & Anne Arundel County to keep the cost down to $10!
- Lil’ Belgium’s – 9 years old and down and are free and licenses are not required.
- The $10 day-of-registration fee will NOT be collected if you bring a junior rider for race day entry (applies to registrants only).
- USAC license required (one-day licenses will be available to purchase on the day of the event at the registration table).
- Mountain bikes will be allowed WITHOUT bar ends.
- There will be 1 double pit on the course.
- Event will beheld rain or shine.
Like us on Facebook at: AACX Cyclocross, for photos of the course, sponsor updates & race news
The Annapolis Bay Country Century offers a fully sagged tour of the Chesapeake Bay’s western shore. There are rest-stops to enjoy the scenery and to refuel, clearly marked routes with easy to read cue sheets and bike mechanics to assist you. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and the St. Leonard Fire Department.
The Church Creek Time Trial #2 Registration is now open at USA Cycling: https://usacycling.org/register/2015-2392 Online registration closes at 9:00 pm MDT 7/15/15, early registration discount ends at 10:00 am MDT 7/2/15 when registration fees will increase for all fields (except Juniors and Doubles) by $10.00. No mail-ins or day-of registrations will be accepted. The event is on Saturday July 18, 2015 located in Church Creek, on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, just south of Cambridge MD. This is Race number three in the Mid Atlantic Time Trial Series (MATTS). Read More about MATTS.
Thanks to everyone for coming out to the 2015 Church Creek Time Trial #1. Results for each division:
Race day is Saturday May 30th, 2015. Registration this year will be through USA Cycling at https://www.usacycling.org/register/2015-1653 Registration opens on 04/30/2015 at 8:00 am and closes and close at 05/27/2015 at 6:00 pm. Registration fees will increase for all fields (except Juniors and Doubles) by $10.00 on May 14th. No mail-ins or day-of registrations will be accepted.
Read more about the Church Creek Time Trial on the event page.
Please note that due to a complicated scheduling year for US/MABRA Cyclocross races and a domino effect of shifting dates, AACX is now scheduled for SATURDAY October 17th not
Sunday October 25 as was advertised previously.