The registration at USA Cycling is now open. Read more: http://www.abrtcycling.com/events/church-creek-time-trial-1/
ABRT took the top spots in the Women’s 1/2/3 and the Masters 35+. Dorian Buckethal won the Women’s 1/2/3 from a field sprint with ABRT’s Ainhoa Perez-Diez close behind in 2nd and Becky Chan in 4th. In the Men’s 35+ Pat Hogan won the sprint from a break of four that also contained ABRT’s best all arounder Ace McDermott who helped drive the break to the end and finished 5th as the main group came charging in.
Membership in the Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team is very rewarding. We welcome all riders who are interested in competitive cycling and racing regardless of experience level. Membership provides you the opportunity to ride, train and race with other riders who share the same commitment to excel in a local organization and in regional cycling events. In addition to camaraderie of the team atmosphere, membership with the team provides access to a wide variety of sponsor discounts and other benefits. Continue reading
Since ABRT is coming up on its 30th anniversary, we’ve compiled a history of the club in a timeline format. You can browse through the history of the club, its sponsors, events and rider highlights throughout the storied history during the last 30 years. Read more at: http://www.abrtcycling.com/about/team-history/
Thanks to all that came out to AACX on Saturday. Results are posted at USA Cycling:
Please enjoy some aerial footage during the event!
A shameless plug for our sponsor Parvilla Cycle & Multisport, but it’s all true. The Baltimore Sun has a nice writeup about the store and the unique fitting services that Stu Waring offers that set the store apart:
It’s Waring and this back area [fitting studio] that has made Parvilla Cycle & Multisport a premier bike shop on the East Coast. After just four years in operation, the Edgewater store has been ranked one of the top 50 bike shops in the country by Active Times and was one of six nominated for best pro road shop in the nation by Interbike Awards.
Read the whole article at the Baltimore Sun.
AACX is Race 3 in the Sportif Cross Cup Series and is held at Selby-on-the-Bay, MD an Anne Arundel County park on the beautiful South River. The race is presented by Annapolis Bicycle Racing Team, Parvilla Cycles & Anne Arundel County Parks & Recreation and will be held on Sat Oct 17, 2015.
Online Registration is open until Wednesday, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:45 PM ET, but day of registrations will be accepted with a $10 late fee: https://www.bikereg.com/aacxsportif-cross-cup-series
FIRST TIME RACING CYCLOCROSS??? DONT KNOW WHAT RACE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO ENTER?? LOOK NO FURTHER!
- Adult Men (19yrs and older) – Register for “Mens Cat 5” and you will need a one day license
- Adult Women (19 yrs and older) – Register for “Womens Cat 4” and you will need a one day license
- Teens/Juniors – Register for your determined age group based on your age as of December 31, 2016 (not 2015) and you will need a one day license. These fields are sponsored by Bicycle Advocates for Annapolis & Anne Arundel County to keep the cost down to $10!
- Lil’ Belgium’s – 9 years old and down and are free and licenses are not required.
- The $10 day-of-registration fee will NOT be collected if you bring a junior rider for race day entry (applies to registrants only).
- USAC license required (one-day licenses will be available to purchase on the day of the event at the registration table).
- Mountain bikes will be allowed WITHOUT bar ends.
- There will be 1 double pit on the course.
- Event will beheld rain or shine.
Like us on Facebook at: AACX Cyclocross, for photos of the course, sponsor updates & race news
The Annapolis Bay Country Century offers a fully sagged tour of the Chesapeake Bay’s western shore. There are rest-stops to enjoy the scenery and to refuel, clearly marked routes with easy to read cue sheets and bike mechanics to assist you. A portion of the proceeds benefit the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and the St. Leonard Fire Department.
The start times for all fields are now available. Download the PDF with all start times.